"Cheer up. Remember what the Monty Python boys say."
"Always look on the bright side of life?"
"No, 'Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.'"


Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wow, um, I am Not Sure How to Feel ::UPDATE::

DH was playing in Goo.gle, and he found an old friend and I read one of her blogs, start to finish. It broke my heart in several ways.

So, I am not sure how to react or feel. I reached out and left a comment on a non-related blog. I guess I see where it goes from here.

DH said he just looked for her and didn't know why, he just did.

Hmmm... What a quandary to be in.


::UPDATE:: Ever driven passed a wreck/fire/disaster and just not been able to stopping looking at it? I am there. It is SO NOT a tragic thing but I feel like I am in that same curious yet emotionally raw place. The last "past friend" I reached out to bit me in the hind end and left a huge scar.

"...life goes on and it's only gonna make me strong..." Yep, channeling Leann Rhimes. This keeps going through my head. Last night was probably one of the roughest emotionally in a long time, well emotions that don't involve TTC. Do you ever feel like you are so much like someone yet so different and that is what made things work between you? But then life gets in the way and we make time for things important to us. Memories are so bittersweet.

Yes, my heart broke over 7 years ago because I lost a bosom friend. To quote Bette Midler, "[She] took your friendship away without even discussing it with me." That was me when it happened.

I have grown up since then. Life has knocked me down to size (losing Mom was almost more than I could take). Since then, I have learned to depend on my husband and God (yes, God and I have our issues but like any relationship, pain is inevitable).

I don't know why DH looked where he looked or found what he found. I will let God do the figuring out for me.

The fun part in all this was the flood of fun that runs through my mind... and oh, the quotes... lol

"The only reason people are nice to me is because I have more money than God."

"He is a boil on the butt of humanity!"

C: "The older you get, the sillier you get."
O: "Yeah, well the older you get, the uglier you get."

3 comments:

Jen said...

I can't say that I'm particularly religious although I think I believe in God. But what I can say is that whatever supreme being is out there is most certainly awarding people children based on need or desire. As you point out, the evidence to that is all around us. I know that it doesn't feel that way sometimes though (or even most of the time).

Jenette said...

Tamika,
Can I ever begin to apologize for my stupidity in years past? If you've read my blog from start to finish, then you can probably see that I have indeed grown up a little. I look forward to reading yours from start to finish.

Ghostly Fingers--- well, that was last year. I've been thinking about you a lot lately. I tried to google you a few months ago and got nothing. Thank your other half for knowing what he was doing.

Perhaps someday we can quote new movies together?

Tammy said...

Is it bad that I like that my blog is that well hidden... lol

Yes, I would like the chance to quote new movies. :o)