"Cheer up. Remember what the Monty Python boys say."
"Always look on the bright side of life?"
"No, 'Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.'"


Monday, September 15, 2008

Cycles TTC vs Years TTC

I guess I should clarify my math on how many cycles I have had since starting the baby making project and the years.

For the average person 12 month TTC = 1 year TTC.

I am not the average person by far. I have long cycles, skipped cycles, regular cycles. It just depends on the weather.

Five years and four months ago, DH and I started trying to get pregnant. Sometimes actively, sometimes just not protecting... well, never protecting.

Since May of 2003, I have only had 44 actual cycles. Therefore, I have only 3.75 years of cycles while 5.25 years of trying. Or I have 20 cycles that are nonexistent due to various reasons.

And I was told by a very wise woman once, that month does not equal cycle. If you only have 10 cycles in a year, you have not been trying for 12 months. That is why I break my TTC experience down in cycle and year.

1 comment:

nancy said...

Ah. I would just go with the total time.