"Cheer up. Remember what the Monty Python boys say."
"Always look on the bright side of life?"
"No, 'Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.'"


Thursday, November 15, 2007

So, What are Your Plans for Lunch Tomorrow?

I have mine... We are going to make a baby; at least attempt to make a baby.

I was not really optimistic during my appointment this morning. If fact, I almost canceled because my car was acting all goofy (We think I need a new battery) but I went anyway.

The nurse is probing around for my right ovary and the follicles were only 12.5 and 13.2 mm. Well, since those were the ones I was counting on, I figured this cycle is a bust. She moves over to the left one and tells me to palpitate my belly in that area and to bare down; out she popped. That ovary came out bold and proud sporting the most beautiful sight I had seen... two follicles at 23 and 19 mm (15 mm and above is viable for fertilization). I almost cried. My lining was 11.5 and since I had two great eggs, we triggered.

Now I get to spend my lunch hour tomorrow at the RE attempting to make a baby. I am excited yet strangely calm. At least we know that I am making eggs and I can relax a bit. (Yes, I used the dreaded ~R~ word.)

I am just going to sit back and let nature take its course from that point on. For the first time in a long time, I just feel content. But, will I stay that way during the 2WW? LOL I can dream can't I?

No comments: